Monday, June 28, 2010

POTW: A day in my life



I did something similar about a month ago....Our weekly schedule
With the summer things are-a-changing!  The three older boys will be home!  And Jon and Matthew will be in ESY (Extended School Year), Chris is adding another ABA therapy and another speech therapy.  I will be in college from 8-1 every day with an hour and a half driving distance one wy.

What is your schedule like? Our new schedule will look similar to the old one but insert a new a speech therapy on Thursdays.
Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids? I stay at home, kind of.  I am a full time college student and stay at home in between classes.


Do you follow it very closely? I am annoyingly type "A" on this one.  I am a schedule freak!

How much (or how little?) "help" do you have? George helps, kind of.  But you know the old adage "If you want something done right you'll do it yourself!"

What chores do you do on a daily basis? I have a chore chart to help with knowing what to do on what day.  I do some sort of laundry every day, scrub the floors every 2-3 days, dust once a week, etc. 

Do you get any "me" time on an average day? What do you do then?  Me time right now is the hour and a half spent in the car commuting to college.  I listen to books on cd.  I just finished Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls and am reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

What is your favorite part of each day? I love bath time and bedtime.  It sounds silly but I love the boys playing in the tub and the different things we do to play in the tub.  Right now we're playing with these....we draw shapes, numbers, letters, etc on each other for practice writing and identifying. 














The foam helps Chris with therapy things.  He HATES slimy, sticky anything.

And after bath we do three books, one for each boy.  Then it is bed time!  We do the same bedtime hug and kiss routine as well.  We hug and say "I love you to the moon and back!" and kiss.

What is your least favorite part of each day?
Meal tme is my least favorite.  Chris still has problems feeding himself; he won't eat slimy, sticky, etc.  Jon doesn't eat meat.  Matthew eats anything, though.

Are you able to make time for all the things that you want/need to fit in? If you could fit it all in, what else would you do?
I don't do everything I'd like to.  I would like to have more time to read.

1 comment:

The Drama Mama said...

if I spent less time on the computer, I'd have more time to read too. LOL. Good luck with the new summer schedule.