I'm scared! A certain 2 year old has decided to start going pee pee on the potty. I wasn't prepared for this for another year. So far he's been in underwear since Monday and he had 3 accidents on Wednesday *in his defense, I was on the phone and the hubbin thought I should have ran after Chris when he said he had to go. I was asking him to do it and he "forgot" to take Chris. He's also afraid to poo on the potty so we have been putting a pull up on him for that. I'm so excited on one had to have the possibility of not having to buy another diaper...EVER! And let's not forget about the possibilities of not having to pack a diaper bag but I'm not ready for my baby to move into "big-boy" hood!
He's also started chatting it up more and more! I hear a constantly him in his little toddler voice asking me for "Mo kokate mik" (More chocolate milk) or saying "Where my tain go?" (Where my train go?) and he's just chatting it up with everyone. Never in a million years would I have thought he could do this since he was completely NON-VERBAL this time last year!
We also started the transition process from EI to Pre-school. It sounds silly but I thought I had a few more years to mentally prepare myself to have ALL 4 in school at the same time! I wish I had more time for my babies to be babies.




5 comments:
Awww! Children growing up and meeting certain goals can be bittersweet. The good thing though, is that no matter how old they get, they'll always be your babies. :)
Yes, they need to stop. I stopped PT Scooby in pull ups because he will pee and poop in them just like a diaper. In underwear however, he won't. He has been holding his pee until he gets in a diaper though (or so I think). At least he is more interested in wearing underwear then diapers now. I'll take that.
They grow up so fast! I wish we could just slow it down a teeny bit. :(
Thanks for stopping by earlier today. Enjoy your potty training-filled weekend.
Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama
Oh...be excited that he wants to go! My daughter is 3, and though she loves wearing underwear, she is against going to the potty. We've tried everything. Don't pee on Dora, because you will make her cry. Big sister and big brother encouraging her to be big like them.
My son (3 in August) started PT 2 wks ago. He has super hero undies and we do cool-alert pullups when we go out and at bedtime. So far, so good. Caution: big boy underwear causes them to grow up OVERNIGHT! This new found independence has carried over to taking pride in doing everything like a big boy. I'm constantly thinking "where did my baby go?" If I blink he may be in college- it seems that fast. Bitter-sweet indeed!
Post a Comment