Friday, June 4, 2010

Questioning things

Ya know when they say that God doesn't give you more than you can handle?  I am at the point where I don't know if I can handle any more! 

Here's the low down...Matthew's genetic testing came back negative!  That is a good thing.  However, today we were at an appoitment and we were told he needs orthotics.  Then they were concerned with him having his frequent accidents with poo and not realizing he has gone.  He has a dimple in his back, near his bum.  This is what the doctor thinks he has.  Looking at the signs,

Lesion on the lower back


Fatty tumor or deep dimple on the lower back

Skin discoloration on the lower back

Hairy patch on the lower back

Back pain, worsened by activity and relieved with rest

Leg pain, especially in the back of legs

Leg numbness or tingling

Changes in leg strength

Deterioration in gait

Progressive or repeated muscle contractions

Leg deformities

Spine tenderness

Scoliosis (curvature of the spine)

Bowel and bladder problems

The bold is where his symptoms are.  I've asked more than one doctor about this and no one can give me a straight answer.

I think I'm officially done with things I can handle.  Jon got an IEP last month.  They forgot to add Matthew's goals.  I had to fight to get the correct goals when we did get them.  I just don't know how much more I can do of this.  Something just HAS to go our way, right?

And to top it off, Chris has gone back to not sleeping at night!  Last night he told me "It morning" and fell asleep around 11.  I started getting him to sleep at 7:45.  His hitting, kicking, punching, biting, etc is worse.  He punched Matthew multiple times in his back today over a toy.  When I put him in a time-out, he bit me.  I stopped him from taking a toy from Jon and he bit me another 3 times.

I think I'm headed here.....


With one of these
And one of these

2 comments:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

I'm sorry. You definitely have your hands full.

If you ever want to talk, feel free to email me.

:::hugs and prayers:::

The Drama Mama said...

Ohhhhhhh, I'm coming with you. I want one of those things too.