Sunday, June 13, 2010

POTW: Dining out fun



I have to laugh at this one.  I go out often with my boys alone and they are amazingly behaved....add my husband to the equation and all hell breaks lose!  I've taken the boys to Cracker Barrel, Applebees, a Chinese Buffett, and a Hoss's Steak House and a few other random places.  It gets a bit more complicated because of Chris' needs and Matthew's needs.  I usually go when it is a quiet time, ask to be seated in a booth where there's not many people, put Chris away from everyone and then we are usually go to go. 

I also have backpacks for each boy that is filled with paper, crayons, coloring books, and a special toy that they enjoy.   I think it would be much easier to do things if I didn't have to worry about Chris and his famous ASD tantrums and Matthew and his freaking out in bathrooms. 

We actually went out to eat this past week at Applebee's and when we go we usually get the same waitress and she's really good with my boys.  My boys all have speech issues but she'll wait for them to order themselves and then praise when they do.  I also give them a special reqard when they do well eating and with their behavior.  This week they ordered a hot dog and french fries for Jon, Mathew had a hamburger *He has found a new love of burgers* and french fries and Chris had a grilled cheese and french fries.  They behaved well and ate so they got THIS!

1 comment:

Safire said...

Sounds nice! We're still in the throws of crazy dining out. But that dessert looks awesome! I'd behave well for that. :)