Friday, June 18, 2010

Waves

When I'm upset I bake.  Today I made two batches of banana muffins and a batch of Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins.  Believe me, all the muffins were devine.  My waist line knows!  I need to find a new outlet though and fast! 

Someone once told me that the acceptance of a child's differenting abilities is going to be like a wave.  I'm definately understanding what they are meaning.  On one hand...I'm on a high because Chris is starting to potty train an entire year before I thought we'd be doing it.  And, Matthew and Jonathan made it through this school year!  But the wave starts to retreat knowing that next year I'm throwing my baby to the sea monsters teachers for an entire day not just a half day!  I thought he'd have more time being  a baby not going to school for his entire life :(  I think we decided on a full day ABA program despite my reluctance to do so.

2 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

I need to move closer to you so we can pig out on each other's cooking.

I'm seeing a mom that's going to have some FREEDOM finally come September, that's what I see. But, yes, I get it too. They are all growing up WAY too fast.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

I feel your pain. It's hard letting your kids go off to school, especially the youngest. I still remember the day I came home from dropping my youngest (at the time) off for her first day of kindergarten. I walked into the empty house and boo-hooed for about an hour. It was so strange knowing that she wouldn't be home with me for even part of the day. I'd really enjoyed the time that we shared together while the older kids were at school. However, seeing her learn and grow has been an amazing experience. It'll stink at first, but slowly you'll begin to enjoy the little bit of free time you have during the day.
Thanks for stopping by the other day. I'm desperately trying to play catch up! lol Best of luck with kindergarten and have a fabulous weekend.

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama