Sunday will be our 7th anniversary. 7 years ago I was a nervous 20something bride *a lady never reveals her age* waiting for my 30something soon to be husband. I was antsy, weepy, and worried about how George would think I looked. I was anxious to make sure our plans were running smoothly. We chose to get married in a very small church that was important to my family. It no longer had services there but was a part of my family history. It was in a tiny area where my grandfather grew up and is now being taken care of by my mom and uncle. 7 years ago, it was taken care of by my grandparents.
Like many brides, I was worried about the day and not looking past the day much more than the following week. I was not in reality. I was looking at what our wedding day and honeymoon and not much beyond it. I remember I was given some advice by a friend telling em to remember your wedding day is just that, a day. We do need to prepare for the day but we should be preparing for the rest of our life together.
I remember when we were picking out the readings for the wedding picking one that is used often, 1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I think today this holds more true than it did 7 years ago. This past year has been the most difficult of them in my opinion. We learned about Chris' 16p duplication last year but this year we learned that George has the same duplication. George has been having difficulty coming to grips with this. I wish he'd understand that he didn't do anything "wrong". I wouldn't change anything about him or Chris. I adore everything about both of them.
7 years ago I married my Prince Charming and I'd do it over and over again. He is my partner in life, my best friend, my companion, and my love. Ask me if I'd marry him again and the answer will be the same, today, tomorrow, and forever more.





1 comment:
Congrats.I just read your post and we celebrated out 8th Ann yesterday the 12th.Wow our family really has a lot in common.We are doing our study at the end of Sep so that my dh can come with us.I am really looking forward to it.
Post a Comment