
Nothing gets me going more than the use of the "R" word. Everyone knows how passionate I am about the use of the word and I let it loose when people say it around me. The use of this word is not only disgusting, but it is disrespectful, and ranks up with the "N" word or making fun of those who are homosexual, in my opinion.
Last night I ended up on a "facebook war" over the word with a family member who thought it would be funny to update his status to something that would include this word in. When I told him it was a poor choice of words not only did he defend himself but he thought it was funny as did his friends. I was told to grow a sense of humor. My sense of humor is well in tact and has evolved over the years. I may laugh at a good potty humor joke like a 12 year old boy BUT the one thing I won't tolerate is making fun of someone for something they can't control.
The facebook exchange ended with him defriending me for not aproving of his words. I'd much rather cut off communication with a family member than hear them spew hateful, hurtful words that my children will hear.
My babies will be called this word, this "R" word. My youngest has already. I don't know how anyone could look at this baby and think such hateful thoughts.
I look at this face and feel nothing but love and adoration. How could anyone think anything else?




5 comments:
Good for you for standing up to him! That is such a hateful word.
Don't back down. There is no reason to use the word and I can think of no way to defend yourself if you were called out on using it. Really what was he thinking?
Sometimes it is better to cut someone off than tolerate something. Standing up to him is the right thing to do and your children will be better off not to hear uncensored things of that nature.
It drives me crazy when people are not more sensitive to others, especially when children are involved. "Some people" need a little sensitivity training. He did you a favor by defriending you!
I'm not sure people generally are thinking when they say that word.
They probably grew up in an area or family where the word was normal and haven't stopped to think it through.
I think it's great you mentioned something to a family member. That's how perception will continue to change. Too bad he didn't take it so well.
Post a Comment