Day 2 of my self proclaimed bloghop.
Why am I doing this? No one knows what a 16p11.2 duplication is. What does ths mean for my family? Christopher has the duplication and as a result has apraxia, autism, intellectual delays, behavior issues, has had seizures, doesn't sleep well at night, delayed mylenation, abnormal eye cup pallor, and struggles with motor planning and motor skills. He also gets ill easy. Chris has had a runny nose for several years. He has had more ear infections than I can count, 3 sets of tubes, and still has infections. With all that he has for labels, we are lucky. There are others who have it much worse than we do. For that I am greatful every day that he is here with us. I know it could have been different.
This is inherited. My husband has the same duplication. What does this mean for him? In my opinion, nothing. He has a master's degree in engineering! I do think that he and Christopher look very similar. Everyone agrees!
In my opinion my son is the blonde haired, blue eyed copy of his daddy.
What we are trying to do is gather more information and attend a 16p syndrome get together/conference. I'm not sure if we can afford it since gas prices are what they are.






No comments:
Post a Comment