Sunday, May 30, 2010

POTW



I love shish-kabobs! 

I normally make mine with either beef, chicken, or shrimp.  Mine are really simple, I usually marinate my beef and in EVOO, salt, and pepper then I layer beef, red onion, pepper, and mushroom (for my husband only).  I discovered a new marinade for shrimp last weekend when I made shrimp on the grill.  Wegmans Mojo marinade  The boys were loving this even!  I've heard for an entire week "Mo simp" from Chris.  You know he really wants something if he's actually saying it not just pulling us to where he wants! 

I usually make veggies on the grill and potatoes on the grill as well for side dishes with this.  My veggies are zuchinni and carrots steamed with a bit of garlic butter and cheese.  My potatoes are little red potatoes and I put italian dressing, parsley, and cheese on top. 

I usually don't grill my dessert.  My boys love fruit so I usually make a fruit dip out of marshmallow fluff and low fat cream cheese.  The boys dip all their fruit in it.  I make these into shish kabobs also.
I'm getting hungry just thinking of it!

4 comments:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

Your pictures make my mouth water! I may have to fire up the grill today!

BK said...

I'm not usually a kebobs fan, but these look delish! My sons might actually try these, too! I'll have to give them a whirl!

Missy said...

Brett, my Jon doesn't eat meat but will eat chicken kabobs because he will eat anything on a stick with dip. That's the ONLY meat he will eat.

The Drama Mama said...

Man I wish we had come to your house for the weekend. We never did make it to Baltimore. Those shish ka bobs looks yum!!