Sunday, May 23, 2010

POTW: Crazy Multiples


 

I think I could write a novel on the crazy things we've been asked because of having multiples...but I'll keep it to a few.

1. "Are they identical?" No, they are the same gender but they are not identical. Then they lady argued with me about her doctor telling her that ALL same sex twins are identical. Apparently this lady had twins at one point and didn't believe me.




My boys are clearly not identical!  I've got a blonde haired, blue eyed, tiny boy and a brown haired, brown eyed, football player build of a boy.


2.  *Granted this was when J&M were about 2 months old at the time* "Is one yours and one your moms?"  My mom was with me in Wal-Mart as we were getting pictures done of the kids for Christmas.  She was holding one boy and I was holding the other boy.  We laughed and I tried convincing the person my mom and I had babies the same day.  My mom was too excited to be the grandmother of twins and told everyone they were mine and they were twins.

3.  "She had them too close together" as two Wal-Mart cashiers were debating if J&M were twins or two babies born within 9 months of each other.  Finally one walked up and asked me.  I replied with "A minute isn't far enough apart for you?"

4.  "These babies are too young to be walking around here"  Again, in Wal-Mart.  J&M were around 4 months old, 2 months adjusted and I was all excited because Jon was starting to get into 3-6 months clothes at the time.  I might have told a snarky fib and told the two little old ladies that I needed supplies before we headed home from the hospital. :P

5.  "You have no right having another one.  Aren't twins enough for you?"  Yup, someone went there in Wal-Mart. I sense a pattern to these not so smart comments.....J&M were 20 months old and I had my big belly with Christopher.  I guess I violated some unwritten rule by having another child after twins.  If I did break that rule, oh well....I'd do it again too!

6.  And my last "Are they triplets?"  I know that Jon is on the smallish side and Christopher is on the bigger side but seriously?  *giving the side eye to anyone who can't figure out my baby is still a baby*  Everyone things that because Jon and Christopher have blonde hair, blue eyes and are fair skinned they are the twins or he's the runt of the litter.  Someone even said that to me when I asked why she thought they were triplets.


Clearly they aren't triplets! 

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Got to love the people at Walmart, right? That's where most of my comments come from.q

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

We get the same thing with our daughters. They're 3.5 years apart, but because they're in their mid and late teens, they're close to the same size. We don't think they look alike at all, but we get asked all the time, if they're twins. I suppose the genetic condition makes them similar in looks, but one is blond/blue eyed, one brown haired/brown eyed. And they look nothing alike.

Your kids are all absolutely adorable. :)

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I love that your comments come mostly from Walmart...HA!!! We live in a smaller town (60,000 people), so I do almost all my grocery shopping at Walmart. I have never taken the girls there with me, though. I just can't do it yet. :) (I do my shopping after the girls are in bed. At least I'm thankful that Walmart is open 24 hours!)

Linking over from M&M...I enjoyed reading your post!

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...

comments like those make me want to stay home --it get SO aggravating! Sometimes you wonder if people engage their brain before they speak.

Your boys are so handsome!

The Drama Mama said...

They may not be triplets but damn they are some handsome boys!

I will never understand how some people can be so nervy.