Monday, May 3, 2010

Why?

Bitter Betty is back.  I'm starting to get really frustrated with everyone else around me having children who can do much more than my boys.  I guess it is much harder when we have seven little ones in the family all within a 2 year period but it really hurts seeing everyone doing things and Chris in the corner with his "Thomas".  It is hard!  It is hard to see 4 year olds doing things and Matthew not or hear Jonny talking knowing that he should be much more clear than he is.  It hurts!  We worked so hard for our babies and I feel like we give up so much for them.

I've We've not been on a vacation in 6 years!  We do everything to provide for the boys and sacrifice so much for them.  I know that's what we are supposed to do as parents but upset when we see everyone else going on lavish vacations, having nice things and here we are in our small townhouse with old things and hand-me down furnature.  It suck!

I want to go on vacation!  I want to have nice things!  What I have is 4 amazing boys, though.  Most people think that makes up for it and in some ways it does but it would be nice to have a break instead of worrying about doctors appoitments, therapies, schedules, and worrying if Matthew made a poopy today. 

We're waiting to hear the information from Matthew's bloodwork; it is processed but the report isn't in to the doctors yet.  I just wish pareting wasn't this hard and heartbreaking.  I wish it came easier to my boys.  I wish everyone would look at them and see what I do!  I wish everyone would see Matthew's big puppy dog eyes and see what a funny, lovable child he is.  I wish everyone would see Jonny as the cuddly little boy he is.  I wish everyone would see Chris as the snuggly little boy he is. 

1 comment:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry you're going through this right now. It sounds like you're burnt out and exhausted. I get that. I've been there many, many times.

In the 24 years we've been married, we've never been on vacation, except to go 'home' to another state and stay with family. The closest we've come is when we've stayed overnight in a hotel w/o the kids when somebody watched them for us.

Is that something you might be able to do? It really does help rejuvenate you.