Wednesday, February 1, 2012

PYHO: Built in Best Friends

I often wondered how it would feel to have someone with you at all times.

Someone who has spend almost ever moment of their lives together.  Someone who knows everything about you. Someone who has laughed with you, cried with you, got in trouble with you, and loved you from the moment they knew you existed.

I often wish I knew what was going on in the minds of Jon and Matthew and if they truly understand the amazing gift they were given to be twins.  We have tried to share with them that they are unique for who they are but also what they are. They are twins. Not everyone can say they had a best friend from the moment they were conceived.

For a split second I had worried that Jon's autism diagnosis would make it more difficult to share the special bond with Matthew.  Then I see the boys like this 

and I think all will be ok.  

I am confident that someday we will see 2 little old men just like the men on the Muppets sitting like this
Autism be damned! The boys are sharing the twin bond through and through and I adore watching them growing up.
Brought to you by Pour Your Heart Out

4 comments:

Recovering Supermom said...

That's wonderful that your boys share that special bond. It's interesting to me how some twins have it and some don't. (I have some friends that don't.) Love your pictures and comparison to the Muppets! :)

Jenny said...

Love this post! Your sons are so cute. And I just love siblings and watching them develop. Thanks for sharing!

Wemdoe said...

Growing up, I always wished to be a twin. Just like you put it, I thought it would be so great to have a built in best friend.

I'm sure despite whatever trials and tribulations these two face, they'll always be best friends.

Shell said...

Oh, they are such cuties!