It's going to be a quick post this week. I'm tired! I've got two new editions to the house that keep waking me up at 4:30. This is a kid-friendly week. Jon picked almost everything on the menu.
Monday: hot dogs and home made mac and cheese
Tuesday: pork chops, rice, and veggie
Wednesday: chicken nuggets and sweet potato fries
Thursday: spaghetti
Friday: left overs OR frozen pizza
The recipe for the mac and cheese is easy and the boys love it!
I start by cooking macaroni noodles and putting them in an 8X 10 pan afterwards
In a sauce, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add 1/4 cup flour and salt/pepper. Pour in 2 1/2 cups milk and stir. Let the sauce thicken and start to bubble. Once it does, add 8 oz of cheese. I typically use either a combo of cheddar and Gouda or Irish cheese *I buy the Irish Cheese at Costco* or white and yellow cheddar. Once it is melted in the rue pour it over the macaroni noodles. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Sales this week:
Alexa sweet potato fries are on clearance for 3.09 at Target. Use a Target coupon and a manufactures coupon together. I paid around 80 cents per bag.
Milk- 75 cents off of a gallon at coupons.com This doubles at my Shoprite.
Don't forget to look at coupons.com, redplum.com, and smartsource.com for printable coupons. You can print 2 coupons per computer.
I spent around 50 at Wegmans on Beef Cubes, hamburger, and cookies for my kids. I had them with me this week while shopping. I also spend around 12 at the produce store and 35 at Shoprite. I spent another 25 tonight at Shoprite and am going tomorrow to Target for more items for our new 4 legged friends.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment