Monday, January 2, 2012

Menu Planning Monday

It's January; I would like to get back to blogging more regularly.  I'd like to do regularly Menu Planning Mondays, will try to start a new tradition on Tuesdays, and will hopefully be able to recap the week on Fridays.  We are having the boys pick meals as part of Jon's feeding therapy.

Monday: hot dogs/hamburgers, crock pot mac and cheese, and cauliflower *Jon and Chris's choice of hot dogs/ burgers and mac and cheese*

Tuesday: roast chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn

Wednesday: home made chicken noodle soup

Thursday: left overs

Friday: ham and cheese sandwiches and chips *Matthew's choice*

My list was simple this week.  It was all at ShopRite since the produce store was closed yesterday.

  • General Mills cereal 4 for 6 dollars- plus coupons from coupons.com and smartsource.com I paid $6.00 for 8 boxes. 
  • Stove Top stuffing 
  • hot dog rolls 
  • hamburger rolls
  • 1/2 a lb Shoprite turkey breast
  • 1 lb deli ham
  • Hatfield ham steaks 2/$5.00
  • potatoes 2.99 for a 5 lb bag
  • bananas .49 a lb
  • milk -used a 75 cent off coupon
  • Friendly's ice cream Strawberry and Chocolate marshmallow
  • sour cream
I spent 49.90 and saved 29.86.

My crock pot mac and cheese recipe is really simple:
8 oz cooked macaroni
1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 milk
1 t. salt
3 cups shredded cheese
1/2 cup melted butter
2 T oil

2 comments:

Lizbeth said...

I've thought about doing menu's for the week and I always manage not do do it for whatever reason....I think I may try it again!

Missy said...

It really has helped us stick to a budget. I've been couponing now for a year and we have a deep freezer. I was able to get our weekly expenses from 3-400 a week to 70-100 a week!