I’ve heard about “Welcome to Holland ” where the experience of having a special needs child is related to going on a vacation and landing in Holland instead of Italy . I disagree.
When we had our children I didn’t go into it saying “I’m having special needs children” yet I relish in what I do. I am in love with every minute of being with my boys.
Who couldn’t resist the smiles, hugs, kisses, and “lub you’s”?
My children are children first and foremost. Their genetic make-up doesn’t define who they are! Yes, we live in the land of autism, apraxia, extra chromosomes, learning disabilities, and others but that isn’t the only thing about my boys.
Matthew has a funny sense of humor.
Matthew is a sensitive soul.
Matthew has the biggest brownest eyes that I adore!
Matthew has an amazing smile.
Jonathan blows me away with his artistic ability.
Jonathan is such a love bug!
Jonathan has a memory that would impress anyone.
Jonathan is such a hard worker.
Chris has a never give up attitude!
Christopher is so creative.
Chris has done things the doctors said he would never do. Take that 555kb 16p11.2 duplication!
Chris is such a wonderful brother!
Yes, we might not have planned on having special needs children but who does? I’m right where I want to be and wouldn’t change a minute of it! My wish is that everyone else sees my boys for who they are not what labels they may carry.







1 comment:
This: "My wish is that everyone else sees my boys for who they are not what labels they may carry."
How I love that!
Post a Comment