Monday, October 31, 2011

You're never too old to hear it Happy birthday honey

It never fails, I'm always sick for my oldest son's birthday or shortly after his birthday I get sick.  So, this is a bit overdue!

This year it was bronchitis. It does beat the year I had H1N1, though.

Happy birthday Joshua,
 14 years ago I had been given an amazing gift.  It was the best gift anyone could receive...it was the gift of you.  I remember finding out I was going to have you and thought to myself "How can I do this?  I'm so young!"  But I did.  And I'm so very happy I did.

 I remember as I was having you, the midwife put you on my belly and yelled "It's a boy!" I wasn't prepared for that; we were told you were going to be a girl.  Your Aunt Jessie and Pop were so thrilled that you were a boy.  Pop started crying when he came in the room and thanked me for giving him a grandson.  I swear the moment you were in his arms was the same moment that you wrapped your little finger around his.  He has spoiled you since!

I've loved watching you grow into this incredible young person that you are over the years.  You really make a mom proud to claim you as their own!

Thank you for letting me be your mom!
I love you,
Mom

No comments: