Wednesday, August 10, 2011

PYHO: Holland, Italy, or Beirut



This is an oldie but goodie.  I'm tired but still wanted to post something today.

I’ve referenced the poem “Welcome to Holland” by Emily Perl Kingsley on my blog before.  I've referenced "Welcome to Beirut" by  Susan F. Rzucidlo .


I’m starting to have a new opinion on Holland and Beirut. I think of it as this; there are days I am in Italy, 

days I am in Holland,



and days I am in Beirut.



I’d like to think that my days spent in Italy are not always the typical things that everyone wants to see. I may spend part of my day in the Italian countryside, I may be hijacked and taken to Beirut…. I may relish in the fields in Holland and enjoy the scenery.

We may take our time but we will eventually be Italy again relishing in that amazing countryside and driving towards the Coliseum, Venice, and other places that everyone else looks forward to going while in Italy. We’ll be there eventually but in the meantime we’ll be enjoying the sights in Holland.



1 comment:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

Perfect way to describe it! We've been to Beirut a lot this summer, but we're seeing more of Holland and Italy about now. :)

Hope you've had more countrysides than war zones this summer!