So, this year my children have learned how NOT to write their names as in Jon has become NOJ and when I question I'm told I'm picking on her. My kids haven't been read to every day as she has too much to do with the kids. This like, as 4 year olds in a preschool program, they were expected to correctly do fact families. I did that when I taught in 2nd grade. Perhaps my kids are slackers since they couldn't do that. Sorry, their applications to Princeton were late. I thought it would get there sooner since we live 15 minutes from there. Perhaps my child shitting himself daily was the reason that Matthew didn't get in?
We got into an tift about that. She wanted Matthew put in a different placement because of his enocrpresis. She didn't want to have to change him. She hasn't had to change him nor has he let on that he has had accidents while in her care. I don't know how she couldn't smell him. Like, um....shit stinks. And, I'm the one cleaning his ass daily. Don't ya think I'd love to NOT have to?
She's sent Jon home with bumps and bruises on him and a huge goosebump on his head. She's not helping Matthew with his water bottle. I've asked her more than once to help him. He's got a fine motor delay! Today she told me that she had too many kids in her class that she couldn't help Matthew fix his water bottle. Perhaps a 4:3 ratio is too much for her?
I swear this is what my kids walk into every day:




3 comments:
This is incredibly sad. Any hope that next year will be better?
Barbara
Next year it will be a different school. They will be in a class in the morning with 20 some other kids, a teacher, and a shared aid for the boys and a few others. In the afternoon, they will be in a smaller class of no more than 7 with a teacher and an aid.
Missy--I'm SO sorry to hear about the situation with your kiddos.
I've been following you for awhile now and as a mommy to a daughter with autism I really appreciate the material you are putting out there.
I have an award for you on my blog today.
http://bcimthemommy.blogspot.com/2011/06/and-award-goes-to.html
I hope next year will be better for your kiddos.
Post a Comment