Wednesday, June 29, 2011

PYHO: Wheelchair for my 3 year old



I knew my child would outgrow his stroller sooner than later.  Afterall, he's a big boy.  We measured him last week at 42 inches tall and he's a big over 40 pounds.  I didn't realize that this genetic syndrome he has would leave me no choice but to look for a wheelchair for him after he outgrew his stroller!  We need to get something for him.  He gets tired easily and will ask to be pushed or picked up and carried.  I didn't realize that the next step would be a wheelchair.  My heart hurts.  Just one more thing to set him apart.  I had my rosy colored glasses on thinking he'd magically be "ok" and not need the help anymore.  It's like reality came and tore the glasses off and stomped with them shouting "NEENER NEENER!"  I want to crawl in a hole.

Not only that but the insurance will only pay 50% of the cost.  They are around 2000.  I don't have that kind of money laying around.  I don't even have 50 dollars to spare right now.  All of my spare money is going to...that's right...I have no spare money.  SSDI took away benefits and is now making us pay them back plus the medicaid that paid for things is now being pulled out and we have to pay everything from January to the end of March.  The caseworker made a mistake and estimated rather than took what was real.  She thinks we make 2000 more a month.  We don't.  Now I have to figure out how to pay over a thousand dollars back to our therapy place for Chris for his PT/OT and aquatherapy AND I have to pay back over 3K in SSI that they sent us.  Can someone dig that hole deeper for me?

7 comments:

What Now????? said...

I am praying that everything works out for you and your family. What a tough position to be in. Keep your head up and stay stong.

Shell said...

Oh honey. Sending prayers that you will find a way.

Mad Woman behind the Blog said...

Oh, money problems on top of everything else? My heart goes out to you and sending prayers.

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear that the position you are in has only gotten worse. Sending prayers that you find a way to figure it all out.

Sarah said...

I'm praying that you will find a way. It breaks my heart when the system breaks down for someone that actually needs the help and isn't just coasting...Have you tried looking on craigslist or something like that? I hope that you find your peace and your way soon.

Missy said...

There are charities that will help if we meet certain criteria. I am also going back to the SSI office to discuss with them what happened.

{Stephanie}The Drama Mama said...

Say what? This is unreal. Hugs. :(