
I've blogged often about about making peace with Christopher's 16p11.2 duplication, autism, apraxia, and intellectual delays. I've blogged often about searching for the "why" for Matthew. I've been so busy looking towards their future and making plans for their future that I forgot about their today.
I was playing with my boys yesterday outside and enjoyed every moment of it. While I was trying to get Chris in the tub tonight he asked me to do the airplane for him. I am need to embrace my 2nd childhood and play more with the boys rather than research and question. How could you not when you have these big brown eyes staring out at you. I melt over these eyes.
Or this HUGE grin....
Or hear the laughter of this little boy
And last but not least see this young man grow up
Rather than focus my energy on what may happen in the future I need to focus on what will happen today. If not I will blink and miss those moments.
I am still looking for bloggers for a blog hop for the 16p syndrome. I am also selling silicone bracelets in yellow (much more of them), blue, and red that say 16p11.2 syndrome awareness to help not only get the word out about what the 16p syndrome is but to help us pay to go to a converence in July. I am selling the adult bracelets for 5 dollars and the child sized bracelets for 4 dollars. Send me an e-mail at marissa_sara@hotmail.com if you are interested.







2 comments:
It sounds like you are getting the right attitude- to think about the positives.
It really is the small moments. Well said!
Post a Comment