Thursday, April 7, 2011

Kids say the darndest things

My children are such innocent boys.  They are so well behaved 100% of the time most of the time except when they use phrases like "What the hell?" when playing playstation or Wii.  Jon repeated what he heard his daddy say.  Jon was told to not use the words and daddy was yelled at for sharing the words to Jon.

Chris has a few phrases that he has picked up on in his echolalic speech patterns.  One is fine, kinda silly but fine, one is "Hong Kong Phooey" and he says it exactly how they do on the tv.  We get Boomarang and he watches it often.  The other phrase not so appropriate...I have to give you a backstory to it.  We put the boys in the bathtub with my niece at Christmas and Chris was worried about my niece's body parts not matching up with his.  We explained to the boys that boys have different body parts than girls do.  I did explain things in a very honest and used the correct words for body parts.  That is one of my pet peeves to not use correct words.  His other word he repeats?  "Vagina"  Imagine to my horror two seperate occations recently...one he was at Rita's for a school fundraiser and spinning yelling loudly "Vagina"!  The second today after I got a compliment about how well behaved the boys were....out comes the word....you guessed it!  I think I need to find a new phrase for him.

Matthew was the most innocent of all.  I made cookies today and he lied to Jon telling him that the cookies were moldy and he'd have to eat them all.  Matthew ate Jon's cookie to protect him of the mold.  He later told Jon he liked the cookies and wanted another.  Tonight I asked Matthew to sit up so I could hug him since my back hurt.  He jumped up and started rubbing my back and told me it's because I itched his back the other day.

They loved our chocolate fondue this weekend.


Also, my giveaway winner wasn't announced but was won.  My fault for forgetting to say who won.  It was number 1.  If someone could tell me how to get random.org to show how to put it on here I would. 

Stay tuned for more giveaways soon....

5 comments:

Angel said...

LOL! They like awesome kids ! Sorry to hear that Vagina is such a fun word. :P

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

So funny!!! I still don't use the REAL words at my house, just for that reason. After reading your story I think I'll wait until they're adults. :)

Missy said...

The reason I use the real words is sad. I taught life skills support 8 years ago and we had a girl who was molested in our class by her brother. Here she had tried to tell us that she had been touched and we didn't know what she was saying. She was using her family words for the body party not the real words. As soon as she heard us using the correct words she used them and we knew what was happening. The poor kid was in a wheelchair and couldn't get away while her brother was molesting her for several years. She said she had felt comfortable with us to tell us otherwise she had never told anyone :(

Big Daddy Autism said...

Hong Kong Phooey, I've tried the "these cookies are moldy" trick my self. Too cute.

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

I love, love, love the fact that he protected his brother from the moldy cookies! LOL