Monday, January 17, 2011

Dr. Fartypants and his craptastic report

When we took Chris to the developmental pediatrician, the guy kept tooting.  Seriously leaving loud smelly farts while we were talking to him.  It seems as if the guy spent the entire two hours we were there either farting, reading and ignoring Chris OR talking about insurance and sports.  Then Friday we got his report while we were at Matthew's appoitment.  It is full of.....well poo!  It is full of inconsistencies, non truths and it seems as if the guy didn't hear anything we said. 

And, did you know I have a dysmorphic face as well?

So, on to Matthew's appoitment.  He is to have a speech eval, OT, and PT evals, and a psychology eval.  He thinks that tethered cord is more of a possibility.  I get that but it doesn't explain the speech delay.  George and I had an argument about this.  I think we ned to switch YET AGAIN and he wants to give up and stop going to specialists.

5 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

This is crazy. I hope you don't stop going to specialists, but I also hope you find a keeper.

He didn't even warn you that his gastrointestinal system was acting up?

Missy said...

I am now in charge of finding someone new AGAIN. I called CHOP and they are closed today. I didn't realize doctors offices would be closed as well. He made a comment AFTER he let a few lose.

Unknown said...

Keep on looking until you are comfortable. It is hard, long and tiresome but you can do it.

Jessica said...

Keep looking because we tried dealing with things on our own at a time where a dev ped wasnt available or had a long wait list and it sucked. Report your craptastic visit to his boss or the hospital/clinic he is associated with.

Missy said...

The geneticist we are going to now works with developmental aspects of the 16p syndrome. We have an appoitment for Matthew as we now suspect he has the same syndrome. We found someone for Jon that will work well with him.

I did report the doctor to a boss who called to talk to me about what happened.