I hesitated to write about this tonight but I think it needs said. I am livid! My 5 year olds have been picked on for a year and a half now. The bully is 4. You see, my boys have apraxia and Matthew is having issues with toileting. We are going to a doctor or two or three about it and he has lost all ability to control his toileting.
We've endured a year and a half of this child hitting, kicking, scratching, and name calling. He's called Jon stupid, fart-boy and a few other names. Today my baby, my Matthew, came home from school and said this child called him "Shit-head."
I have contacted teachers, child study team, principals and this kid is STILL harrassing my children. My sweet baby boys are being sent off to school where I thought they were safe and being cared for. Instead they fear going and rideing on the bus with this 4 year old child. That shouldn't be so. When I brought it to the school's attention last time the CST person called me back and told me I was picking on this child and they were more sophisticated than my boys. If that is what sophisticated looks like I don't want my boys to be so. I'd rather than enjoy and embrace the innocence of their youth.
I don't know if I can look into the eyes of these boys and promise they will feel safe tomorrow....it's my job to do so and I can't make that promise to them when I send them to school.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment