George always tells me I'm a stubborn jackass when it comes to things. I don't give in. Usually I get upset at that. I have to say that I'll take it as a compliment right now. Chris' Developmental Pediatrician visit and IEP meetings didn't go so well.
The developmental pediatrician told me that the genecist doesn't know what they are talking about. WTF? The person we saw is the ONLY person who knows about 16p11.2 syndroms. OUR doctor knew noting about them when Chris tested positive for it. I knew more than he did.
He told me that the orthotics for Matthew weren't doing anything for him. AND we needed to do more therapies with him at home; school based therapies are a waste of time. I should give up on both Matthew and Christopher as far as growth? No mama would think like that!
Yesterday's IEP meeting for Chris was less than productive. I'm willing to go full steam ahead with a due process hearing if need be. They knew in June we didn't agree to the evaluation report for PT. We had Chris' EI PT call in July and August. They didn't return the calls. They didn't have a PT there to explain why she saw Chris do things that he can't do. Now we have to wait until next week to talk to her. They hope she'll be in next week to explain why she thinks Chris can do things like stand on either foot for more than 3 seconds when YESTERDAY we had him try and he could do one leg for a second and this was after about 10-15 minutes of coaxing! So, now we are in search of a new developmental pediatrician in NJ and an educational advocate and lawyer in NJ to help us.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Not sure where you are but there's a developmental pedi down here in Ocean County that's a part of Children's Specialized Hospital. Email me at valmg2 AT gmail if you'd like more info.
Good luck. I'm glad you've got some good people on your side.
I've got an award for you too.
Post a Comment