
Christopher started school last week. He's going the ENTIRE day and riding the big boy bus to do so. Monday I had to drive him in since he tried climbing out of his harness in the moving bus! Oh no he didn't? Yup, THREE TIMES! I asked for an aid on the bus at his initial IEP meeting and they wouldn't do it. I asked for one last Monday and they said no again. Oh no they didn't? Yup, sadly they did. I expressed my concern about him hurting himself. They didn't care.
I tried putting him on the bus Tuesday and he did exactly what I predicted?! He scraped his neck while trying to climb out! Oh no he didn't?! Yup, he did. And, my response? I drove him in AGAIN and asked to speak to the child study team. They weren't in so I spoke to the principal. He got a temporary aid for the bus. Apparently temporary means one week only. The aid wasn't there today. This after



2 comments:
Good for you for not backing down, and shame on them for calling you combative.
unacceptable for the SD and transporatation to not take this seriously and act like you are crazy. Um, would you like my son to roam the bus and get hurt?
My son also wears a harness. There is no way he would stay in his seat otherwise. BUT one day he had a sub driver and there were no seats with the hooks for the harness. Driver said to just use the lap belt. RIGHT! Marched my boy off the bus, drove him to school and called transportation and raised cane.
Post a Comment