Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Next week!

We are 6 days away from Chris' genecist appoitment!  6 DAYS!  I'm so excited to go and have the ability to talk to someone who actually knows about his genetic syndrome.  I've been somewhat lucky to network with a bunch of amazing ladies who have children with 16p11.2 deletion (which the genecist said is similar in characteristics to the duplication).

Some good news with his development.  He's had increasing language skills that have blossomed within the past 3 weeks.  He's now asking "What that?" to everything.  He's telling me "You a filly girl" aka "You a silly girl."

We went to the GI with Matthew and are to "cleanse" him.  This is not my idea of a fun time!  I didn't envision I'd be cleaning up liquid shit from my almost 5 year old.  We're to do this and then give him Miralax once a day.  Next we need to call the neurologist; CHOP's neurology department books 2 weeks out so only on Mondays and Tuesdays so I have to call and get the appoitment but I was waiting until we came back from Boston to know if we need to make an appoitment for Chris too.  I don't feel like going to Philly twice in a row.

Jon has been playing amazingly with his playdough.  He's growing like a weed!  He and Matthew can somewhat share clothes now.  It will be easier in the buying and putting away of things! 

Someone got ahold of the camera and took a picture of himself after he ate chocolate ice cream :)

2 comments:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

What cute pictures! I love that he knew how to take a picture of himself!

Glad you're looking forward to seeing the geneticist, and that you've got other parents to turn to for support. It helps when you don't feel alone in the battle.

valmg said...

Sounds like a very informative trip.
We visited a geneticist after our son was born also.
I like your writing style. Would you be interested in being a contributing author for a collaborative blog dedicated to special needs? Email me at valmg2 AT gmail if you'd like more info.