Wednesday, May 9, 2012

PYHO: 3rd times the charm

We've suspected Matthew had autism for a while.  We were told he was typical.  Turns out we were right.  In a most shitty of ways, we found out he in fact does have PDD_NOS.

I had called asking for a case manager through our insurance company.  The case manager was looking through the paperwork and discovered one of the doctors we saw put in his paperwork that Matthew has autism.  The doctor failed to mention it to us.

That means that all 3 of the smaller boys are on the spectrum.  All three have PDD_NOS.  Each kid looks completely different with the way they present with it.

I have to keep reminding myself that the label doesn't change who he is.  He defines who he is!  He is in charge of his own path NOT some group of letters.  It doesn't make things easier right now though.  I feel like I need to be strong for everyone but inside I'm crumbling.  Right now I can't because I have these boys to think about.


1 comment:

Shell said...

Those letters don't have power. Even so, I know they are hard to hear. xo