On the day that is supposed to be a day honoring loves I would like to share a story with you. This is a story of an 18 year old shortly after hearing she was expecting. This 18 year old didn't know what to do or how to do things since she was still trying to figure out life but she reluctently decided to keep the baby and raise it. That 18 year old was me.
I didn't know how to be an adult let alone how to be someone's parent yet I chose to be a parent. The growing baby made lots of changes in me. Not only did the baby force me to grow up but my belly began to swell more as tiny punches, kicks, rolls were happening. As the weeks went on so did the pregnancy until my blood pressure began to rise. I had been in college and ended up bedrest during mid-term time. I expected to be on bedrest for several weeks but the baby had other plans. On one of my three-times a week appoitments that I had the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy I had been told that they wanted to induce me I hadn't gone into labor by a specific day, Monday. As luck would have it, I started with contractions on a Sunday night.
Monday when I had my appoitment the doctor was told I was in labor and I was kept overnight. I woke up the following day and my water was broken. I slept most of the day until I woke up only to have contractions. These contractions weren't painful. Around 3 and looked at my father saying "I have to push now." My father ran out of the room asking for my mom to come back into the room. 13 minutes later I learned what the meaning of love really was. Love really was my baby boy. After 13 years I have to say that he has shown me what an amazing young man he is!
My first love is a loving, kind, caring, smart, incredible young man who would make any person proud to claim them as their own. I will forever will think if Joshua as my first love, my uno, my number one guy.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment