Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Unaswered questions

I wish I had all the answers as to why Christopher is how he is. It's like it is eating up all my time and energy. At first we were told "He's just big. He can't sit up because he can't support that weight." or "He's a 25 pound 9 month old, he is going to have problems trying to crawl. He needs to support ALL THAT weight.". I questioned around 6 months old, questioned a neurologist around 10 months old and no one could provide us with an answer.

I thought we had some answers around 15 months old when Dr. Not-very-smart, as we called her, told us he was autistic AND had delayed mylenation. I didn't believe her but saw some signs that she could have been right. We started with Our ped suggested we see a neuro-developmental ped, we did and he said he didn't like to make a diagnosis at that age.

We had our repeat MRI to see if there were any changed on his brain; there were no changes but Dr. New-neurologist didn't believe in delayed mylenation.

We were told he could have apraxia, not autism. Now the thought is that he has Sensory Processing Disorder. I just want to know what is going on with him. At first I thought that it wouldn't change how he is treated but the more I think about it, it could. He could be getting more services and things to help.

No comments: