Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy birthday Christopher

Dear Christopher,

You came into this world two years ago not ready to enter it yet and I am sorry for that. I feel like somehow I let you down; I couldn’t nourish you or keep you safe inside me. What I wouldn’t give to have felt you kick or hiccup for 5 more weeks!
We’ve been through a hell of a 2 years, huh? You’ve worked hard this past year getting to where you are now. You started not knowing how to do much and now you are a walking, talking not much talking, trouble maker! I love to see what you are going to do next! I love watching you grow and the daily changed you make.
I love when you crawl up on my lap and rest your head on my shoulder. You put your little chin under mine and snuggle. But, one thing honey. Can you not do it all day? Mama needs some time without you on top of her! I do love it and enjoy the snuggle time, though. It makes up for the almost 2 years worth of no sleep and you saying everyone else’s name but mine!
I love you to the moon and back!
Mommy


Just born

Exactly one year old

No comments: