Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy birthday Jonathan

Dear Jonathan,

I’ve enjoyed watching you grow from an itty-bit to the boy you are over these past 4 years. I remember the day you were born. I was so scared yet so excited to see the boys that were growing inside me for 7 months. I remember the first time I heard you cry; I was so overjoyed to hear your tiny squak! The first time I saw you I couldn’t get over how tiny you were; you were all of 4 pounds! I was afraid that you would break! You have grown so much over these years and I can’t wait to see how you grow.

When your daddy and I brought you home from the hospital I was so afraid that you would stop breathing that I don’t think I slept at all that first night. You and your brother had this way about you; we would put you in separate areas in your pack and play and somehow you would always fine your way to each other. You were best friends from the start! You were so tiny when we brought you home that even your premiee clothes were too big. You swam in them!

I love watching you play your action figures and listening to you have conversations with them. I love you playing with your X-men and Spiderman toys and the way you have to sleep with every single one AND your Big Doggie AND Baby Doggie. You pack so much into your bed there is hardly room for you! And, ya know that I do enjoy your cuddle session every morning. You love to walk into my room and say “It’s a sunny day!” Then hop into bed and wrap your little legs and arms around me and snooze for a bit longer.

You make me smile every time you shine your dimply smile my way. I have to laugh at you every time I tell you that I love you “This much” as I stretch my arms out and try to give you a big hug and you always come back with “This tiny!” as your fingers close closer together.

I love you “THIS MUCH” and “To the moon and back!”

Mommy


No comments: