A fellow MOM who delivered at the same hospital I did had triplets about 2 months ago. One of their daughters got NEC this past week and passed away this weekend. I have cried so many tears that I didnt' know I had that many! I think that it is hitting me hard because she was around the same gestation that Jon and Matthew were when they were born. I have been looking at my beautiful boys and am so thankful for them.
We got a call around 9 Thursday morning asking if we wanted to come in for their appoitment instead of next Friday.
He focused more on Matthew than Christopher. The developmental assessments that he gave Matthew showed he was about a 4 and 3/4 to 5 year level for his knowledge. He said that Matthew at his age should know 6 letters and recognize his name and be able to count to 10. He could only count to 5 BUT he could draw a person with 8 items on them and that is a 5 year old level. Matthew could answer qustions like "What state do you live in?" and "What is a clock used for?" (his answer was to let mommy know she has to wake me up in the morning). He asked what happens when we touch the stove when it is hot. Matthew's response was "I get a booboo." He said there wasa lot that he did know that is at a level a year ahead of him....
When the doctor physically examened Matthew he said that his hips were tilted outwards and he had a tibial tortion.
He had a hell of a time imititating pictures. Even with a pencil grip he couldn't draw a triangle and square. He swore that he was able to and even pointed out his lines. It looked more like a triangle. The doctor tried many different attempts to get him to do a square and he just couldn't do it. He couldn't make an "A" either. The doctor said based on observation, etc that Matthew COULD have a perception issue.
He could also have some ADHD but he said that it is way too early to tell and label him with that.
He said that Matthew is a very bright boy that has obvious motor issues and a HUGE speech issue. The placement that we chose to put him in is the perfect placement for him. He will put that it his report and we can share it with the school system.
As far as Christopher....he said that he is progressing just very slowly. We are to continue what we are doing. We go back in February.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
That is heartbreaking!!
I am a new blogger and I just wanted to say hi ad invite you to stop by.I heard about your friend from lani who is a triplet Mom too!
Post a Comment