Monday, May 4, 2009

Three is the new terrible two

Matthew has turned into a little boy that is not well behaved at the moment and that is an understatment! He is lying, refusing to listen, questioning everything I tell him to do, etc. Yesterday I told him to go to the bathroom as soon as he woke up. He told me he didn't have to screamed when I told him to go. Less than 2 minutes later he walked over to me and said I pooped and peed myself. He peed himself twice yesterday. He's not had an accident since January! I've tried the time-out chair, putting him in a corner, taking away toys, tv, and yes...a swat on the butt! That was a last resort and it seems like nothing is working! I even did the opposite and praised him for every positive....nada! Any suggestions?


This is the typical Matty face lately...

We had Chris' meeting with the Early Intervention team today to go over where he is at functioning wise today. They did give Chris one more DI therapy so that ups DI to 2 one hour sessions per week, one hour of SLP per week and one hour of PT per week as well as SW for the family one hour per week. They had his levels at exactly where the developmental pediatrician had them at. He was functioning around a 6 month level for expressive speech, up to 12 month for receptive speech, motor around 15 months with some skills being 20 months and others being much lower.

I called today to schedule Chris' MRI per the neurologist's request for June and she has no record of asking for it, and CHOP is supposed to be one of the best. Maybe it was just this doctor who acted like we were bothering her. We are switching, yet again. I called up CHOP's main neurology department instead of the Princeton office like we usually go to and looks like we'll have an appoitment with them first and then hopefully schedule the MRI to see how his brain has changed from November until now. I am going to schedule an appoitment with them for Matthew as well after talking to the nurses there about what is going on with him. They said they book for 2 weeks in advance so I'm going to make appoitments on Wednesday for the 20th since Matthew's teacher said she'd go and she's available on Wednesdays.

Jonathan, minus the 2 accidents this weekend went two weeks with no accidentns! We were even able to go on errands with him wearing underwear! He loved digging outside last week and is excited to help me dig holes to put our veggies in our garden. He is such a neat little boy.
The kid looks so much like his big brother it's crazy!













No comments: