Wednesday we went to Philly to see a new neurologist at CHOP for Chris and to see if we could some answers about what is going on with Matthew.
We are going to be getting and MRI on Chris in the near future. The doctor feels that he's had some sort of traumatic something that went on in his brain either prior to or shortly after birth. He said that if nothing comes up different on this MRI then we won't persue it further. He said that the developmental pediatrician is on the right path with the bloodwork and suggestions for what EI should do.
Matthew, we're told has delays in speech and fine motor. They think that the standardardized testing the district did wasn't the one to help find out what is going on with him. He suggested a different type of test. He said that he's developmentally delayed. Overall, it was a productive bunch of appoitments.
We did get lost with some construction and the GPS battery dying on us. We were about an hour late to Chris' appoitment but they were still able to put him in and see him.
We had Matthew's school conference was the other week and we got word that his program is going to change. Insead of the private preschool 5 days a week with special education supports for 2 days a week and speech for 1 hour per week he will be in a public elementary school inclusion setting with speech an hour a week, OT and PT will be added soon. They are suggesting that we put him in a full special education program for 5 days a week and add the same supports of speech, OT and PT. I'm not sure what to do. I think that he could benefit from the extra help BUT best practices say to keep him in inclusion. I asked his teacher to look into doing a combination of services, either 2 days inclusion and 3 days special education, 3 days inclusion/2 days special education or she suggested morning special education in the 3 year old room and afternoon in the 4 year old room.
While we were in Philly yesterday, Jonathan spent the afternoon with George's dad. They went for a walk and Jon was throwing rocks into the canal around here. He had a super time.
Joshua is going to be graduating from elementary school in a few weeks. I am still trying to figure out where my baby went to and when did he become a young man.









1 comment:
I'm glad to hear that the appointments went well. I really do hope you find out more information. It seems you've gotten mixed feedback and I'm sure it's frustrating. Hang in there and I hope the other test helps answer questions.
Post a Comment