Wednesday, April 18, 2012

PYHO: I'm tired

I've been on a bit of a break from writing.  I figured if I didn't have anything positive to say I should just not say anything.
 
I'm tired.

I'm broken.

I'm bitter

I'm frustrated.

I'm mad.

I'm tired of having to be the strong one.

I didn't wake up and say I wanted special needs kids but they're here and I've embraced it.

I didn't think I'd be doing most of it alone though.  I do all appointments for the kids, all IEP meetings on my own, take care of everything on my own.  My husband gets to be the fun one.  He's the guy that will play with the kids.  I'm the mean one that makes them go to appointments, do their therapies, do their homework, does feeding therapy.  I need a break.  I need to be the fun one too.  I want nothing more than to play with my kids and be called the fun mommy.  Instead I get things like Matthew telling his teachers that I'm 90 because I'm not fun and make him eat his veggies.

I need someone to tell me that life isn't fair but it will be ok.  I'm so scared of what the future holds for Chris.  I find him slipping away and getting to deal with behavior wise.  I am scared about Jon's future.  Jon is struggling with things in school.  I feel him slipping away.  He doesn't want to play with anyone.  He wants to do his own thing and that's it.

I need a good cry but I know if I do I won't stop.  Why do I get to be the lucky one chosen for all of this?

3 comments:

Robbie K said...

I'm sorry you have to be the one holding it together and doing the grunt work all the time. Sounds like you need a good cry and a break!

Shell said...

I understand.

It's usually me who deals with everything with our kids- and especially with my one with special needs.

I finally put my foot down and made Hubs go to an IEP meeting with me. By him sitting in there, I think he finally got it a little more. He realized that I wasn't just exaggerating about how freaking hard it all is- he heard from other sources about everything that is needed to help our son.

And while part of me wishes he could just take it from me, if it took hearing from others to realize that he needs to pitch in, too, I'll take it.

Mommy Inconsistent said...

It sounds like you not only need a break, but you deserve one!

Visiting from Shell's linkup.