Monday, December 20, 2010

Thank you Elvin

2 weeks ago we went to see Santa.  I've been so busy it's hard to keep up with the posts here!  I've been doing phone calls, doctors appoitments at least once a week, 3 therapies a week, trying to do Christmas cards, finishing up shopping, baking and trying to cook and clean the house while keeping up with the bills as well.  I'm not getting any sleep!

We took the boys to Jack's Toy Drive on the 11th and they met Santa while they were there.  They loved seeing Santa!  I was trying to get us settled in and lost Jon in the crowd.  I got a tap on the shoulder and saw him like this

as he was already telling Santa what he wanted.  If you want to know, it was a new Batcave and Star Wars Legos.

Next Chris walked right up to Santa and did his best smile :)
as he told Santa he wanted a racetrack.

Next Matthew told him he wanted a real penguin and a fish.



The boys started with their Elf on a Shelf the beginning of the month.  Our sneaky elf that they named Elvin has showed up in crazy places.  He was the tree topper a few times, was in their bedroom, on their beds in the morning, on the couch, etc.  The boys have had conversations with him before they leave for school.  I've overheard Matthew saying things like "Now Elvin, make sure you tell Santa we were good boys when you see him."  It's worked somewhat.  I've had to call the "big guns" a few times.  Who is that?  Santa himself my dad pretending to be Santa.  When my mom pretended to be Mrs. Claus yesterday Matthew told her "Gram, I know it is you!"  Can't trick him, huh?



2 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Man, they are getting big, Missy!!

Tanya said...

I'm stopping by from bloggymoms.com - just wanted to say that you have got quite a set of cute young men there! Happy New Year!