Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

We celebrated Dr. Suess' birthday today by eating green eggs and ham.







George said he didn't think they'd like them but the boys kept asking for more green eggs. I guess they were a hit!

The never-ending ear infection still hasn't left. Jon started oozing and bleeding out his left ear again....we're going to the doctors tomorrow hoping to start an antibiotic with him, yet again.....we're going to the ENT on Thursday. Both Chris and Jon will be going. Jon needs to be seen for the 3 weeks long ear infection and Chris needs to be seen for the non-functional ear tube and the neurologist said he didn't pass the hearing test even though the audiologist said he did. Then Chris goes to the GI on Friday. I weighed him today....I know he lost some with him being sick but he's back to what he started out at when he was 15 months. He was 25lbs 8 oz tonight. That is even with the calorie booster we put in his milk. *SIGH* Nothing comes easy with this kid.....

George's Aunt Marcia sent me a poem to help comfort and make sense of everything going on with Christopher....

THE WEAVER
My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.


Oftimes he weaveth sorrow,
and I in foolish pride
forget He sees the upper
and I, the underside.


Not till the loom is silent
and the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
and explain the reason why.


The dark threads are so needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the thread of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.


Author Unknown

1 comment:

A little boy just 3 years old said...

I am very much enjoying catching up on your blog! I didn't know you had one before...but I have enjoyed catching up tonight.

Please please don't blame yourself. My sister smoked and generally didn't take care of herself all pregnancy with twin boys and they are the epitome of perfection. I think we are just given what God knows we need. WHY? some may ask... including me... but I'll try to take it as a compliment.

Hope you get some answers soon!
~breezy0629