Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fuck

Sorry, no one ever said this blog would not have cuss words in it :)  We got the official diagnosis today.  Christopher has a duplication of the 16th chrosome.  His specific area is 16p11.2, region 29,530,197-30,085,308.  He is showing characteristics of autism, which we knew, but is an aspect that could happen with this genetic syndrome.  He is also showing signs of being intellectually disabled.  No matter what the diagnosis, he is still the same boy as he was yesterday.  Now we just have the missing piece of the puzzle which will let us help him even more.

I can't write much more without crying right now so I'm off to have a date with my bed and pillow.  I need a good cry!

2 comments:

Confessions of a Closet Hoarder but you can call me Judy said...

{{{{hugs}}}} If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

1 Special Family said...

Remember, you were chosen, hand picked to be Christopher's parents by someone who knows much more than us. He knows you can handle it and will make the best decisions for Christopher. Hang in there, crying is allowed, just remember to balance it with laughter!