Thursday, July 24, 2008

Long overdue update




I’m a slacker when it comes to updating my blog. Honestly sometimes I think “You have a bit of free time; you should do it now.” Then my mind wonders to other things like “alone time” or “sleep” or “eating” (who am I kidding, obviously I do that a lot considering…..), “relaxing”. Right now the only alone time I have or relaxing I have is when Diane takes the kids for us. Right now sleep is not something done often in a large chunk of time. I often am awake until 1, 2, sometimes 3 just bored out of my mind not being able to do anything but lay my head on the pillow and thing I should try to sleep. Then when my eyes finally do shut and I drift off, I’m usually woken up with a scream, usually Matty (or Matty James as he has self proclaimed) with another night terror. So, in he climbs into bed with me. Meanwhile, George has Chris downstairs since he’s not really slept an entire night since teething started….4 months ago. Then, just as I drift back to sleep, I’m woken by another little body climbing in bed right next to me. At least when it’s just Matt, we cuddle, not Jon, he sleeps like Jess and Josh. He rolls and puts his entire body on yours. Last night I slept with a foot on my head. Then it was a knee, then an elbow, then back to the foot. Where’s George when Jon and Matt are in bed with me? Sleeping on the couch! Eating is usually done while the kids are sleeping. That’s when the meals get eaten otherwise it’s continual snacking just because I’m starved.









So, to update you on what’s happened since June 1st. My sister’s bridal shower was June 8th. It was really nice and it seemed like she had a great time.







Josh was promoted to 5th grade. I was at his awards ceremony where the kids received different recognitions for things they did. He participated in some math-a-thon where the money was donated to a charity. He was awarded with a free ticket to Six Flags. We started making plans for when we could go. I came back home for a bit and was supposed to get Josh after his last baseball game. Unfortunately, on the 11th, I got a phone call at night by my dad and he sounded really upset. Josh broke his tibia and fibula and dislocated his ankle in his last game of the regular season. He was covering home base to try to make a play and a kid slid into him to steal home. When he did, he slid right into Josh’s leg. He needed to have pins put in it then to have it set properly. Unfortulately, his summer has been a barrage of doctors appointments instead of him outside playing all day.








June 13th Chris turned 9 months. He had his appointment at the pediatrician’s office. He’s thinning out. He was in the 85% for weight and 95% for height. He was 23 pounds 4 ounces and 30 inches long. He’s HUGE! Then, he turned 10 months on July 13th. New things he does: crawls, cruises, says “mama”, “dada”, doesn’t eat baby food, and WALKS! He’s now taking 1-2 steps at a time, looks at you with this look of terror, plops down and crawls away. Now if we could only work on him using his sippy more consistently….








Jon is using more grammatically correct sentences, using his “I”, “me”, “you” correctly and forming complete sentences with the. Usually it goes something like this “You a mean mom! Put me down! I go away!” He will scream this as I carry his skinny butt upstairs when he won’t calm himself down in a timeout. He’s also picking up on other words like “gross”, like in “I don’t like this. It is gross”. But, I have to say he did try some new things recently that he wouldn’t have eaten before. He had rolled up ham and McDonalds chicken nuggets. For the past year and a half he has refused all meats. He’s totally into Spiderman right now. (Who does this remind you of?) All I hear is watch Black Spiderman movie, he’s referring to Spiderman 3. We started potty training but got side railed when he got Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease the 27th of June. We were supposed to be in PA for my cousin’s wedding the 28th but couldn’t go since he was contagious. He had a fever of 103.something and refused to drink anything at all. He did love popsicles though.








Matty has successfully been potty trained. He has gone 4 weeks with no accidents. He has had 2 this week but not his fault. He didn’t get to the potty in time for those two. He also has started using the same grammatically correct sentences as Jon. But his are a bit more extended at times with a “You a bad mom. You go away.” He got to watch The Fox and the Hound which happens to be one of my all-time favorite Disney cartoons. He started sobbing uncontrollably and when I asked him why he said he was sad that Cooper and Todd weren’t friends anymore. Matty likes Spiderman but also likes Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Sponge Bob Square Pants. But, his favorite show of the moment is Max and Ruby. God, how I hate that show! Ruby is too bossy; Max is annoying and WHERE ARE THE PARENTS IN ALL OF THIS? They go all over everywhere alone. The only adults I see on the show are Grandma and Bunny scout leader. Matty has gotten an idea from the show where he wears a cape and refers to himself as “Super Matty”. He got the same virus that Jon had on the 28th but his was worse than Jon’s was. Matty had an almost 105 degree fever and was dehydrated throughout it all. We almost had to take him to the ER to get fluids since he hadn’t peed in about 10-12 hours then he did 2 in about 15 minutes.

No comments: