Thursday, May 22, 2008

May update

I’m not being lazy, I hurt. I have a calcium deposit in my shoulder that is, from what my doctor says, causing issues with my rotator cuff. That explains the lack of movement, the swelling and the pain. I am having a minor surgery to fix it on May 30th. I’m told recovery time will depend on how everything is in my shoulder.

We’ve had some new developments in our house as far as the kiddies. Chris is now 8 months old and has gotten not one tooth but two new teeth! Jon and Matt are being as wacky as ever. We’ve been going out and playing now that the weather is nicer. Jon has decided he likes http://www.noggin.com/ and plays games. So far he has played the Max and Ruby counting game and Dora Candy Land. He can count up to 15 or 16 dependent on the day and time. He starts out as saying “num (one), two, free (three), etc.” Matthew is drawing better. He drew me a flower the other day and we could tell that it was a flower (or in our case a bunch of flowers). He was all excited and grabbed me and made me go into the living room where he promptly started yelling “I drew flowder mommy. Drew mommy flowder!” I was so in love at that moment waiting for the flower on a nice piece of paper. The only catch? It was on our floor!!! He took red crayon to my living room floor. Thank God for the Magic Eraser!


The two men are the best of buds. Matt always wants to be where Chris is and play with him.

This is how a desperate mommy entertains a teething baby in order to eat supper.
If you look closely you can see those teeth!
Can you see those pearly whites?

The flower on the floor wasn’t the only thing he left on our floor. Saturday we were due in Edison for a birthday party for good friends of ours. We bathed the kiddies and while putting Jon in a diaper Matthew hid behind his bed and squatted. I should have known something was up. Silly, naive me….he shit all over the floor. He shit a shit that was HUGE by anyone’s standards. This was right after I asked George if he could tell if I was being calmer lately. He said he laughed considering my response was a scream that went something like this “OH MY GOD! JESUS, JOSEPH AND MARY! GEORGE GET YOUR ASS IN HERE!!! YOUR KID JUST SHIT ON THE FLOOR!!!!!” (So, have I told all of you who don’t know it yet that sometimes I can make a sailor blush with my colorful language? Obviously, it’s not usually done in front of the kids)

Oh and how can we forget? Chris started a progression of crawling recently. He went from army craw, to up on all 4’s and rocking back and forth, to tonight where he moved his little (ok, who am I kidding, nothing on the kid is little!) arms and legs and crawled a bit. I truly think he’s been doing it for a bit longer since today I put him in one location in the room and when I checked in on him, he was in a different location and did so very quickly! I’m telling myself that he just didn’t want me seeing it and expecting him to do it more often.

No comments: