Sunday, March 30, 2008

The things they can get into

Seriously, what can 2 toddlers do when they out number 1 mommy? Jelly, powdered sugar, shampoo and toothpaste!

Jelly? How could they get into jelly? Ya see, while mommy and grammy were upstairs folding laundry and 2 tired toddlers were SUPPOSED to be sleeping….things got quite, very quiet. The unsuspecting mommy thought that her kiddies were sleeping instead; they were up to no good! Matthew decided he wanted to make himself a jelly sandwich AKA, PB&J. So, he pushed a kitchen chair to the fridge, opened up the fridge, then pushed the chair closer and got out the squeezable jelly. He got jelly all over the stove, counter, fridge, floor, couch, coffee table, himself….basically everywhere!!! It’s ok, because we’re armed with this now! Diane got a refrigerator lock and brought it over for us. I’m happy to report that they should be no more jelly incidents after this….


Powdered Sugar? I was showering after George had left for work. On days where Jon, Matt, Chris and George all bathe, I have to wait to get a shower or the water is ice cold. I had thrown on a Dora video for the boys to watch and Chris was supposed to be sleeping. When I came out, Chris was screaming and Jon and Matt were in the kitchen. Matthew was all covered in powdered sugar and was kinda rolling around in it. Remember the flour incident?
http://missymommyof3.blogspot.com/2006/10/great-flour-capers.html
Hmmmm……I should have known better here. It was all over the wall, high chairs, and the floor! So, again, we’re going to get the best of them here too. We bought a small cabinet to keep all the baking supplies in, like flour, sugar, powered sugar, etc and it has a baby lock on it.



Shampoo? I put the boys to bed last week when they were tired and it was nearing bedtime. All was quite. Do you see a theme going on here? So, I heard Matthew crying. Again, I see another theme prevalent here. I went upstairs and somehow he got an entire thing of Grins and Giggles and poured it all over him. He had to get another bath and I had to rinse his eyes out because they were irritated as a result. A door lock should keep him out of the bathroom…..

Toothpaste? We were packing the car up for Easter and someone pushed a chair up to somewhere, not quite sure where, but they got an entire thing of Spiderman toothpaste and Matthew and Jon tried brushing their teeth, their dinosaurs teeth and the coffee table with it.

So, this mommy who loves to read is now armed with a book on discipline called “1-2-3 Magic” and is in need of books on disciplining twins.





http://search.barnesandnoble.com/1-2-3-Magic/Thomas-W-Phelan/e/9781889140162/?itm=1





So, we went to my parents’ house for Easter. We went to a retirement party on Saturday and I think our kids provided some entertainment for my aunts and uncles, at least Matthew. He decided the cupcakes were yummy and all other food was yuck. He ate about 5 cupcakes worth of icing. Lucky me…

When the Easter bunny came, everyone was spoiled by him. Josh had gotten a couple of Wii games and a psp game. Jonathan and Matthew had a video a piece, some clothes and some toys. Chris got a couple of stuffed animals and the proverbial “Baby’s First Easter” bib.

The Easter egg hunt was interesting. Josh, who is the only one who has a concept of why should we find the eggs, was getting all the eggs. Matt and Jon were happy with one egg. Secretly, I was happy with that too. However, you have to find humor in Josh getting upset that Jon and Matt were trying to take “his” eggs after he found them.

Jonathan and his dinosaurs.

Christopher in his favorite new toy the jumparoo.


Matthew chilling out.

Josh in his "I must smile or I will be made to take pictures until I do" pose.

My niece Ella in her "I'm a princess" look.

We came home on Sunday afternoon. We had a nice relaxing Monday and Tuesday but by Wednesday, our house was like an infirmary. Jon woke up with diarrhea. I thought it was just something he may have eaten or all the apple juice that he loves catching up with him. I took the boys over to Diane’s house so I could go to the doctors. They were asleep on the way home and still stayed asleep when I brought them in so I put them on the couch. Around 5, as I was in the kitchen pulling supper out of the oven, I heard a noise that was not very good. I ran in the living room and Matthew was wide awake and had puked. He kept this up for about 5 hours of puking. I called my mom freaking out and she didn’t know what to do. I called George and he came home. I ended up with it Thursday, George ended up with it around 2 am on Friday. Thank God Chris didn’t get anything. We’re all feeling better now. Can’t say the same for Diane…..


A conversation that was heard today:


Jon: "Matty, eat cheese!"


Matt: "Matty, eat cheese!"


Jon: "NO, me no Matty. Me Jon!"


Matt: " You no Jon. You Matty!"

Jon: " ME JON"


Matt: " ME JON"


Me: "Matt, are you repeating what Jon says?"


Jon: "Matt, stop peeting me!"

Matt: "Matt, stop peeting me!"


Jon: "Matt, stop peeting me!"

Matt: "Matt, stop peeting me!"


Jon "You stop! Me Jon! You Matt"


Matt "You stop! Me Jon! You Matt"


You see my point here...


If you see the boys with random temporary tattoos on them, they successfully went on the potty. I bought pirate temporary tattoos at the dollar section in Target as a reward for going potty on the toilet. 35 for a dollar. They are a pretty cheep reward for each time they go on the potty. One tattoo per one potty trip that they peed. I'm not sure what I'd do if they pood on the potty since pee is usually easier to do than pooing on the potty. Just pray for me that peer pressure works in this case and they will both want to go on the potty easily.


Chris is now in his big boy carseat! YEA!!!


By the length, I hope you can tell that I will have the ability to devote more time to my blog to keep everyone up to date as to what our men are doing. Hopefully, next time will be a blog of everyone is back to their well behaved selves?

No comments: